Why Metal Roofing Is The Preferred Choice
Metal roofing is being adopted a lot in Australia because of its durability. Whether you live in sunny Brisbane or the cooler Southern climates of Sydney and Melbourne you have probably considered either restoring or re roofing your home at some stage. Using steel as the material for your roof is becoming more popular as people recognise the benefits both aesthetically and financially. Colorbond and Zincalume provide coated steel materials for metal roofing. Steel is strong and protects houses significantly more than tiles. Metal roofing can be layered over an already existing roof which makes it extremely popular. The siding and roofing material can be the same. It raises the re-sale value of the house.
Metal roofing can be added to both residential and commercial roofs and still appear elegant. It is durable, cost friendly as well as eco-friendly.In the warmer climates of Queensland where the salt residue and harsh sun beam down nearly all year round, using a steel material is the favored choice. Many local roofing contractors in agree, Trevor Bransden from Pro Build Roofing Brisbane quoted “We predominantly install metal roofs these days, I would estimate that only 20% of our jobs are tiled.”
It brings about a stylish and sleek appearance. These are major reasons as to why metal roofing is on the rise.
Benefits of the Metal Roofing
- Metal roofing raises the overall quality and re-sale price of any given house.
- It is very durable in the cold seasons although Australia is known to have more of the hot seasons. The durability of metal roofing stretches to roughly 50 years.
- Metal roofing can be installed on an existing roof. It protects the roof from any natural occurrence such as fire and corrosion. It prevents rot infestation and mildew.
- Available in a variety of beautiful designs, textures, styles and colors to choose from.
- Metal roofing panels are designed with interlocking panels. This means it remains in one piece regardless of what hits it.
- Metal roofing is very eco-friendly. It uses reflective pigment technology in most residential houses. This technology is aimed at lowering on energy costs while increasing in utility bill saving. It is made from steel uses roughly 50% recycled material.
- Steel is energy efficient and saves energy costs by 40% annually. It regulates heat transmission depending on the environment.
- Metal roofing also reduces on the external or outside noises.
- Metal roofing does not have combustible or flammable properties. This means that it is not affected by lightning storm.
Metal Roofing Material Options
A popular choice for many Australian home owners. This is because of its wide selection of colors and long life span. Colorbond is a tolerant roofing material when it comes to adverse climatic conditions. This means it does not peel or blister easily when attacked by various climatic factors. Colorbond has been there for over 17 years and has undergone testing to ensure that it is fit for roofing. Its negative impact on the environment is very minimal. Colorbond comes with a full warranty from the manufacturers. The chart for color choices include Basalt, Mangrove, Shale Grey, Dune, Evening Haze, Gully, Ironstone and Wallaby. The list is endless and one is able to get a custom made color as well.
Zincalume Steel Coating
Zincalume has been around for over 30years. It is recognized for providing quality service to those who use it. It is durable and corrosion resistant. Zincalume is able to withstand a lot of hash weather conditions. It is a lightweight and versatile material that is also cost effective. Zincalume affordable and durable nature has made it popular among many home owners.
Polycarbonate roofing material
Although polycarbonate is not steel tt contains amazing physical properties so we have included it here as a reference. It has a great impact strength as well as a wide service range of temperature. Polycarbonate roofing material has a high transmission of light. It also has unlimited profile range. These properties enable polycarbonate roof to rank high on the metal roofing materials in Australia. It also comes in a variety of colors to choose from.
Roof Restoration Benefits
Roof restoration is a process of restoring a roof to its previous state. If the original roof was made using tiles then they are prone to decay and deterioration. When this happens it is time to restore your roof.
- Roof restoration reduces roof damage as well as roof deterioration
- It saves one from future expensive repairs therefore saving on money
- Roof restoration gives one’s house an attractive look as if it is in its new state
- It improves the value of the house
- It improves the purity and quality of water run off
Home owners restore old roofs because of the various problems that come with ignoring it. A roof may start to leak. This is usually a very discomforting feature. A roof that is old and not restored usually has a very bad appearance. Home owners restore their old roofs so as to save on energy costs as well. When one does not do old roof restoration, they are hit with huge expenses in the future. This puts fear in home owners therefore seeking roof restoration services.
Metal Roof Pricing
Metal roof prices vary according to several factors such as size, material and design. The average price per square meter ranges from $3-5. This applies to the 0.5 meters in length. The 8m costs $70-120 per sheet. The materials vary in prices. Some designs are more expensive than others. This basically depends on the preference of the buyer. Different prices are offered by different companies as well. The prices vary everywhere, one just needs to locate that genuine Metal roofing company that suits their needs and budget.
Metal roofing is a very good roofing choice to make for houses. It is the new popular roofing in home owners. The discussed advantages makes one to opt for them as their roofing types. Of course they have their own disadvantages like any other roofing type but the pros outweigh the cons.